To meet the increasing demands of midmarket organizations, IBM has officially announced that Cognos Express V10.2.2 is now available as of June 26, 2015 (see IBM Cx 10.2.2 product announcement). Cognos Express V10.2.2 is delivered with limited license versions of IBM Cognos TM1 V10.2.2 and IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.2.2.
Along with the new capabilities and components available, organizations that own Cognos Express also have immediate access to the latest product enhancements, product corrections, fix packs, and future versions of Cognos TM1 and Cognos Business Intelligence as soon as they are released. Additionally, organizations now have the ability to install Cognos TM1 and Cognos BI on separate machines, if desired. The number of Express user restrictions remains the same: a maximum of 100 users, including no more than 50 Performance Management users.
IBM Cognos Express V10.2.2 includes the following enhancements :
- Simplified user functionality for greater user self-service
- Simplified deployment for faster time to value
- Conformance updates
- New Microsoft™ Excel Client: IBM Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel
- New 64-bit versions of Microsoft Excel Client for both IBM Cognos TM1® and IBM Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel up to version 2013
- IBM Cognos TM1 Web API
- SSL support
- Cognos TM1 Package connector
- New conformance: Linux™ support for IBM Cognos TM1